The DV Community Educator based at Dawn House facilitates the Domestic and Family Violence network.
Purpose of the Network
- The Domestic and Family Violence Network was established in 1996 to link the various government and non-government organisations working in the area of Domestic and Family Violence in the Greater Darwin area.
- The Network keeps the focus of its work on subjects directly related to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV).
- The Network is committed to the prevention of DFV in the Darwin community and has zero tolerance towards Domestic and Family Violence.
Key Objectives of the Network
- Facilitate the on going information sharing and liaison between service providers on subjects directly related to DFV.
- Identify and promote useful resources and training available in the area.
More Effective Service System
- Encourage cooperation and coordination between agencies/departments/individuals in their response to DFV.
- Provide a forum for consultation with key stakeholders on relevant products, policies, practices.
- Improve the quality of organisational responses to DFV by sharing examples of best practice and policy from around the NT and Australia.
- Identify systemic issues, gaps and needs, and where appropriate, advocate as a network for these to be addressed.
- Provide input/feedback to government, particularly with regard to legislation, policy development and resource allocation.
- Membership of the Network is open to individuals who represent government and non-government organisations/departments working in the field of DFV, or to organisations/departments who have substantial numbers of clients impacted by DFV. To request to join the network please email the networks facilitator at email@example.com
Submissions made by the DFVN
DFVN Submission to Alcohol Policies and Legislation Review in the Northern Territory: https://alcoholreview.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/435596/Domestic-and-Family-Violence-Network-Submission.pdf
DFVN Submission to the Royal Commission into the Protection and Detention of Children in the Northern Territory
DFVN submission on the Domestic and Family Violence Amendment (Information Sharing) Bill
2018 Meeting Dates
- Tuesday 6 February
- Tuesday 20 March
- Tuesday 1 May
- Tuesday 12 June
- Tuesday 24 July
- Tuesday 4 September
- Tuesday 16 October
- Tuesday 27 November