The DV Community Educator based at Dawn House facilitates the Domestic and Family Violence network.
Purpose of the Network
- The Domestic and Family Violence Network was established in 1996 to link the various government and non-government organisations working in the area of Domestic and Family Violence in the Greater Darwin area.
- The Network keeps the focus of its work on subjects directly related to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV).
- The Network is committed to the prevention of DFV in the Darwin community and has zero tolerance towards Domestic and Family Violence.
Key Objectives of the Network
- Facilitate the on going information sharing and liaison between service providers on subjects directly related to DFV.
- Identify and promote useful resources and training available in the area.
More Effective Service System
- Encourage cooperation and coordination between agencies/departments/individuals in their response to DFV.
- Provide a forum for consultation with key stakeholders on relevant products, policies, practices.
- Improve the quality of organisational responses to DFV by sharing examples of best practice and policy from around the NT and Australia.
- Identify systemic issues, gaps and needs, and where appropriate, advocate as a network for these to be addressed.
- Provide input/feedback to government, particularly with regard to legislation, policy development and resource allocation.
- Membership of the Network is open to individuals who represent government and non-government organisations/departments working in the field of DFV, or to organisations/departments who have substantial numbers of clients impacted by DFV. To request to join the network please email the networks facilitator at email@example.com
2017 Meeting Dates
- 5th September
- 24th October
- 28th November